I can make Homemade Slider Buns. So what am I waiting for?
And just like that I had pulled the 6 ingredients from the fridge and pantry and was on my way.
This Homemade Slider Bun recipe is an Eat Out of the Fridge/Pantry Recipe. And out of necessity (freezer and pantry doors are bulging), I made two fantastic slider recipes. Korean Pork & Kimchi Sliders and Buffalo Shrimp Sliders with Cool Ranch Sauce coming soon.
- 2 Tbl. active dry yeast
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbl. warm water (110-115 degrees)
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 - 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- sesame or poppy seeds for topping, optional
- In a large bowl dissolve yeast in warm water. Whisk in vegetable oil and sugar. Allow to rest for 5-minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Add the egg, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough (I used about 3¼ cups).
- Turn out onto a well floured surface and knead for 3-5 minutes until smooth and elastic. Divide into 2 balls; then cut each into 8 smaller balls. Do not allow to rise. Place 3-inches apart on parchment lined baking sheets, cover and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Sprinkle tops with sesame or poppy seeds, optional.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks.
13,227 total views, 8 views today