Homemade Enchiladas Sauce is a complete game-changer.
It’s well worth the 20 minutes it takes to prepare and is so much better than store bought.
The homemade enchiladas sauce comes together rather quickly, so it’s well worth the few extra minutes to gather all of your ingredients in advance.
- You’ll begin by heating the oil over medium heat in a medium sauce pan.
- Once hot, whisk in the flour and stir for one minute.
- Add the chili powder and cook for another minute, stirring constantly.
- Add the broth, tomato paste, ground cumin, oregano, and salt.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will thicken and smooth out as it’s cooked and stirred.
This sauce will transform your Chicken Enchiladas and Loaded Easy Chicken Enchiladas Casserole.
Make this sauce…trust me, you will love it.
All my best,
Homemade Enchiladas Sauce
- 3 Tbl. canola or avocado oil
- 1 Tbl. flour
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 10 oz. tomato paste
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- In a medium saucepan heat oil over medium heat, add flour, smoothing and stirring with a wooden spoon.
- Cook for 1 minute, then add chili powder and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add stock, tomato paste, oregano, and cumin. Whisk to combine. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- The sauce will thicken and smooth out. Adjust the seasonings, adding salt as necessary.