Feta & Vegetable Mini Frittatas.
If you’re looking for a light but flavorful brunch option, these Feta & Vegetable Mini Frittatas are a great choice. We used eggs and egg whites to reduce the calories and such without sacrificing flavor.
We incorporated a variety of veggies that were waiting patiently for their time to shine. The beauty of this recipe is you don’t need to run to the market, it’s a perfect chance to eat out of the fridge/pantry as we often like to do.
We had one last summer squash from the Farmers Market in the fridge that I grated (then squeezed between paper towels to remove excess moisture). I added a small amount of matchstick carrots, which I microwaved for about 45 seconds to take the edge off. An open jar of roasted red peppers sat in the fridge…pick me, pick me….so I diced up one of those. Then we added a sliced scallion and a handful of spinach leaves.
As a bonus, an open tub of feta cheese and cream cheese added just enough flavor punch and creaminess to our frittatas. Btw, no one will ever know if you use reduced fat versions of these cheeses. Trust me.
I’d like to tell my healthy eating buddy at the office that I’m bringing in leftovers to share, but sigh…there are none left. I had a plate of them leftover in the fridge and found they made a wonderful protein packed snack. And these Feta & Vegetable Mini Frittatas weigh in at only 2 WW Pts+ each. I feel another batch of these are in our future.
Feta & Vegetable Mini Frittatas
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & pepper
- 1 small summer squash shredded
- 1/4 cup roasted red pepper diced
- 1 scallion thinly sliced
- handful of matchstick carrots
- handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese reduced fat
- 1/8 cup cream cheese reduced fat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat 9 holes of a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, egg whites, water, salt and pepper until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Fill muffin holes about 2/3 full. Bake until just set, about 20 – 22 minutes. Cool in pan on a wire rack for about 5 minutes. Loosen edges using a rubber spatula, then use spatula to slide under frittatas to remove.
- Serve with side of fresh fruit for a beautiful brunch. Each frittata = 2 WW Pts+.
13,964 total views, 1 views today