Two ingredients, so much flavor. Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp.
Two things you can generally find in our freezer are bacon and shrimp. Bacon because we use it to add flavor to many dishes, but don’t often eat it as…well bacon. We keep frozen shrimp on hand for easy week night meals or in case we’re invited to an impromptu gathering and need a quick & tasty appetizer. Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp is just that. We’re open to invitations.
In order to get the bacon cooked evenly on the grill, start it in the oven first. Lay it on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes at 375 degrees. You don’t want to completely cook it because you’ll need it to remain pliable for wrapping around the shrimp.
Season the shrimp however you like, we like heat, so we used a little cayenne, salt & pepper. Then wrap each shrimp with bacon and slide onto skewers. Depending on the size of your shrimp, you should be able to use half a piece of bacon, per shrimp, like I did below.
Fire up the grill, cook shrimp over medium high heat until they turn pink and the bacon is crispy, 2-3 minutes per side. Then stand back and watch these Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp disappear off the plate.
- 12 strips bacon
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled & deveined
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lay bacon slices on a foil lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes so that it begins to brown but is still pliable. Remove bacon and drain on paper towels. Cut each strip of bacon in half.
- Preheat grill to medium-high (or preheat broiler).
- Sprinkle shrimp with desired seasoning, then wrap each shrimp with a half piece of bacon and slide onto metal skewers. Continue until all shrimp have been bacon wrapped.
- Grill shrimp for 2-3 minutes per side, until shrimp are pink and bacon is crispy.
47,842 total views, 5 views today