Cheesy Mashed Potatoes are a favorite Thanksgiving and Christmas side dish. Creamy mashed potatoes get a little flavor love with the addition of sour cream and cream cheese. Then they are baked casserole style with a topping of shredded cheddar cheese. One word. Yummy.
Cheesy Mashed Potatoes
- 3 lbs. Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 Tbl. butter
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 Tbl. cream cheese softened
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, cube and boil potatoes until just fork tender. Drain mash with butter, cream, sour cream and cream cheese. Season with garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour into a buttered 2-quart casserole dish. Top with shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes until heated through and cheese is bubbly.