Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread served with hot comforting coffee makes ‘unseasonably’ seem novel.
Let me talk quickly. We are currently experiencing unseasonably cold temps with wind gusts in the….well below our comfort level. My computer has been off and on again with power outages and server issues.Jump to Recipe
Before we move on. Did I not score the cutest loaf pan EVER? Straight off the thrift store shelf, still inscribed with $2.47 on the bottom. Steal!!
Back to this super moist, ultra flavorful Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread with pecan crumble topping and hints of coconut…. what more can I say, other than you are going to love it!!
Don’t forget to follow us @LemonyThyme on Instagram and Facebook! And check out our latest TikTok videos and Pinterest boards too!
All my best,
Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread
- 2 medium carrots shredded
- 1 medium zucchini shredded
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut oil warmed
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut unsweetened
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
For pecan crumble topping…
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 2 Tbl. brown sugar
- 2 Tbl. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter loaf pan.
- Roll shredded carrot and zucchini in paper towels to remove excess moisture. Then in a medium bowl, combine carrot and zucchini with next six ingredients, through vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together remaining dry ingredients (excluding pecan crumble topping). Stir dry ingredients in wet until just combined. Pour batter into buttered loaf pan.
- Combine pecan crumble topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
I pulled the last batch of carrots of the green house yesterday and I am looking to make some delicious cake with it. I think I’ve found the recipe. Love your work Libby.
Thank you so much Mira. I’m envious that you have a green house. What a joy that must be. I hope you love this bread like we do.
Mary Lou Johnson
Thank you for all of the great recipes. I own a preschool for 150 children, and I am looking for yummy and healthy “quantity” recipes. Thank you. Mary Lou
Welcome Mary Lou. Thank you for visiting and for thinking healthy when feeding all those little ones.
OMG – I am in LOVE with that loaf pan! Are there any manufacturer’s marks on it at all? I have been looking and looking for one like it without much success. P.S. Making the bread this week. Looks delicious :)
You’re going to hate this Aimee, but I found it at Goodwill. I will check the bottom when I get home tonight and see if there’s a brand. It is beautiful. I hope you love the bread like we do.
We made this, and it was delicious! It’s going to become a staple in our house I think :) Thank you!!
Wonderful. Glad you enjoyed and thank you so much for coming back and letting me know :)
This carrot cake looks so moist and delicious!
I was so pleased with it. Super moist and really tasty. Thanks for visiting Elena.
Sarah @ The Chef Next Door
Oh my, this looks amazing! I love carrot cake so I can just imagine I would devour this bread for breakfast. :)
Thanks so much Sarah. It eats like a treat :)
Carrot cake for breakfast? I’m in, this looks so moist and delicious.
It didn’t last 10 minutes when I delivered it to the office. I guess we like our cake for breakfast :)
Breakfast and cake in the same sentence? I think I love you. :) I love all of the flavors and textures in this bread.
Let ’em eat cake for breakfast!! I appreciate the love Julie.