Let me talk quickly. We are currently experiencing unseasonably cold temps with wind gusts in the….well below our comfort level. My computer has been off and on again with power outages and server issues.
Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread served with hot comforting coffee makes ‘unseasonably’ seem novel.
Before we move on. Did I not score the cutest loaf pan EVER? Straight off the thrift store shelf, still inscribed with $2.47 on the bottom. Steal!!
Back to this super moist, ultra flavorful Carrot Cake Breakfast Bread with pecan crumble topping and hints of coconut…. what more can I say, other than you are going to love it!!
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 medium zucchini, shredded
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup coconut oil, warmed
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup shredded coconut, unsweetened
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 2 Tbl. brown sugar
- 2 Tbl. melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter loaf pan.
- Roll shredded carrot and zucchini in paper towels to remove excess moisture. Then in a medium bowl, combine carrot and zucchini with next six ingredients, through vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk together remaining dry ingredients (excluding pecan crumble topping). Stir dry ingredients in wet until just combined. Pour batter into buttered loaf pan.
- Combine pecan crumble topping ingredients. Sprinkle on top of batter.
- Bake for 50 - 55 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center of bread comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
11,393 total views, 7 views today