Breakfast makes me happy! Discovering leftover steamed broccoli in the fridge inspires me… This morning it shall be Broccoli & Bacon Breakfast Burrito. Super simple and by adding a few fresh herbs and seasonings….super delicious! Of course bacon never hurt flavor either. After browning the bacon in a medium skillet and pouring off the drippings I sauteed onion slices until tender, then added a handful of steamed broccoli florets, fresh lemony thyme, a pinch of Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning, and a little salt & pepper.
By this time I was no longer the only one awake….oh the power of bacon. Sprinkled the broccoli onion mixture with grated cheese and crumbled bacon, then poured in two lightly beaten eggs and a little cream. Cooked gently until the bottom was set. I actually removed the skillet from the heat and covered the pan for a couple minutes. I find this allows the center to cook without scorching the bottom. Once set, flipped the mixture and returned to the heat for 1-2 more minutes. Slid onto a large flour tortilla. Sprinkled with snipped chives and grated Parmesan cheese. Rolled up burrito style, found a breakfast buddy, and got happy. Did I mention it’s the weekend?!!
- 2 slices bacon
- 4 slices onion
- 1 cup steamed broccoli florets
- 1 sprig fresh lemony thyme, leaves only
- ¼ tsp. Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
- ¼ cup favorite grated cheese (cheddar, mozzarella, Parmesan,...)
- 1 Tbl. fresh snipped chives
- sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- 1 large flour tortilla
- In medium skillet, brown 2 slices bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towels and pour off drippings.
- To skillet add onion slices and saute until tender.
- Add broccoli florets, thyme, and seasoning and stir until warmed through.
- Sprinkle broccoli onion mixture with cheese and crumbled bacon.
- Lightly beat 2 eggs with 1 Tbl. cream, pour over mixture.
- Gently cook over medium low heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cover for 2 additional minutes until bottom is set.
- Flip egg mixture and return to heat for 1-2 minutes more until mixture is cooked through.
- Slide onto flour tortilla, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chives.
- Roll burrito style.
7,056 total views, 4 views today