What’s not to love about sitting down at your favorite Italian restaurant when out comes warm crusty bread and a dish of herby Bread Dipping Oil. I could almost make a meal out of it. Almost.
It’s Friday. So with my crusty bread dunked in this fabulous Bread Dipping Oil, I shall have a perfectly chilled cocktail, catch up with my soul mate, and slide gracefully into the weekend.
This recipe makes a half cup of the dried herb seasoning blend. To serve Bread Dipping Oil, sprinkle a tablespoon of seasonings on a shallow bowl or plate, then drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Serve with warm crusty bread and be happy. I scored a gorgeous Tuscan Roasted Garlic Loaf. This artisan bread was studded with whole garlic cloves. Meow!
- 1 Tbl. crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 Tbl. freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 Tbl. sea salt
- 1 Tbl. dried oregano
- 1 Tbl. dried rosemary
- 1 Tbl. dried basil
- 1 Tbl. dried parsley
- 1 Tbl. minced garlic
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- crusty bread
- Combine and store in a sealed jar.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of seasoning mix onto a shallow bowl or plate. Drizzle with ¼ - ½ cup olive oil and 1 - 2 Tbl. balsamic vinegar.
- Dip crusty bread in dipping oil and enjoy.
1,991 total views, 1 views today