We fell in love with Apache Bread Dip from the moment we were first introduced. What’s not to love about a hot ham & cheese dip served in a crusty bread bowl. If you’re lucky enough to score an Italian loaf in the shape of a football, while you might as well serve this dip on Game Day!!
All credit to our friends Craig & Becky for introducing us to Apache Bread Dip. It’s the perfect recipe to take to a party or gathering. Simple ingredients that come together quickly. Warm it up at home, wrap it in foil and prepare to be very popular when you unveil it for friends.
- 1 9-inch round bread
- 16 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 1 8-ounce block cream cheese
- 1 8-ounce container sour cream
- 1 4.5-ounce can mild green chiles, drained
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced - some reserved for garnish
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Corn chips, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut top off bread loaf and scoop out center, leaving enough room for dip. Reserve bread pieces for dipping.
- Combine dip ingredients, fill bread bowl, replace bread top. Place on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Remove from oven and stir dip. Serve with corn chips or bread pieces for dunking.
- Sprinkle with scallions to garnish.
9,046 total views, 5 views today