I love the holidays. The BEST food shows up on the break room table. At my office, the break room table is the ‘water-cooler.’ It’s where the ‘good’ stuff is shared…often in the form of food or thoughtful words, sometimes even confessions, but lately it’s been a lot about what we’re going to give up on January 1st. We’ll shall save our ‘resolutions’ post for a couple weeks from now. Tonight let’s talk about Mel’s Mouthwatering Cheese Cookies.
Combine ingredients, making sure butter is distributed evenly. Roll into 1″ balls then lightly fork press them Bake until golden brown. Keep a watchful eye, as they can go from not quite done to very done in a hurry.
Pop in your mouth, buttery cheesy goodness, with a wonderful crunchy texture, and hint of cayenne finish. White Cheddar Cheese Cookies. Make these. And serve them with Roasted Tomato Soup for an evening of comfort. xo
- 12 oz. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients making sure butter is distributed evenly.
- Roll int balls then lightly fork press them.
- Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
4,218 total views, 1 views today