Recipe inspiration for this one is quite simple…leftover salmon. Slow-Roasted Salmon with Tarragon and Citrus to be exact. Salmon is one of our favorite things to have for dinner. Whether we prepare the beautiful recipe above from Food & Wine or a little no fuss version, you can turn a nice big salmon fillet into a mouthwatering meal. It’s not often that there is any leftover but on this occasion we will take advantage of that for breakfast or wait is this dinner? Either way Salmon & Baked Eggs makes a delicious meal.
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tbl. butter
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbl. capers
- 2 sprigs fresh lemony thyme leaves
- 5-6 fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 2-3 oz. cooked salmon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter two baking dishes, the size to hold two eggs.
- Crack two eggs into each dish and bake for 20 minutes or until whites are set.
- In a saute pan, add leftover shallot cooking in butter until tender. Add capers and fresh herbs and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add cooked salmon and gently stir until salmon is heated through.
- Top baked eggs with a spoonful salmon herb mixture. Sprinkle with scallion and lemon zest.
5,685 total views, 4 views today