Sharing a great new recipe that I discovered over the weekend. These Mini-Veggie Quiche from Weight Watchers are the perfect grab-and-go breakfast. Don’t stop there. These one-point wonders are a great snack and fantastic meatless Monday light meal.
Our quiche was filled with shredded zucchini, carrots and red onion. Parmesan cheese and fresh basil added a nice savory-ness that delivered an anything but low-calorie, low-carb and figure friendly flavor.
Even B gave this quick & easy recipe a high-five. He loved that the texture was less like custard, as some quiche can be, and more filled with good ingredients. While these didn’t last long, we did reheat them in the microwave throughout the weekend and they were just as good as when they were warm from the oven.
- cooking spray
- small zucchini, shredded
- 1 carrot, shredded
- ½ cup finely diced red onion
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbl. fresh basil, finely chopped
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat two 12-hole mini muffins pans with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of mixture into each muffin cup.
- Bake until bottoms are golden brown and quiche is cooked through, about 15 minutes. Cool pans on wire rack for 5 minutes, remove quiche and serve or cool completely to store. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
10,205 total views, 6 views today