Pappardelle pasta became a new favorite last winter. It’s luxurious actually. This Pappardelle & Peas with Ricotta Pesto recipe, adapted from my Weight Watchers cookbook, has just the right amount of richness while still being calorically friendly.
Pappardelle & Peas with Ricotta Pesto
- 8 oz. Pappardelle pasta
- 2 cups frozen green peas
- 1 cup fat-free ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 2 Tbl. Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbl. fresh flat leaf parsley chopped
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas during last 2 minutes of cooking. Drain, reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, stir together ricotta, pesto, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in large bowl. Add pasta mixture, reserved pasta water, and parsley. Toss to coat.
20,735 total views, 36 views today