Flipping through the pages of this month’s Food Network Magazine and nodding out loud while I acknowledge their feature article on The Wedge Salad. No matter how you serve it, the crisp cool crunch of iceberg lettuce underneath savory toppings is simply hard to beat.
Crispy bacon, hard-boiled egg, tomato, scallions, cornbread croutons and Homemade Russian Dressing all spooned liberally over a wedge of iceberg lettuce can easily be a meal.
Toasted sesame seeds, roasted corn, chilled crab, minced herbs and diced avocado are all fantastic toppings. Classic Salads are wonderful year-round.
Loaded Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 large tomato diced
- 6 strips bacon cooked crisp & crumbled
- 2 hard-boiled eggs chopped
- 2 scallions thinly sliced
- 1 cup croutons optional
- 1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds optional
- 1 cup Homemade Russian Dressing
- Cut head of lettuce into six wedges. Arrange on individual plates and sprinkle with toppings.
- Serve with Homemade Russian Dressing.
7,450 total views, 3 views today