Jalapeño Watermelon Margarita.
One of my friends posted pictures on facebook yesterday of the margaritas she and her significant other were enjoying at a local cantina. Robin had a sweet looking Watermelon Margarita and Tim had a fiery Jalapeño Margarita. Instantly I craved a margarita. A blended margarita.
I know from making Rosemary Watermelon Juice, that a single watermelon, even a baby like this one, will yield a good bit of juice. So find a friend and get ready to enjoy a refreshing take on a classic cocktail.
I also know from making Jalapeño Infused Margaritas, that it doesn’t take long to infuse a nice peppery flavor into tequila. For this recipe I simply sliced a jalapeño and dropped it into a jar with about 4 ounces of tequila. Within an hour you’ll have nicely infused jalapeño flavor.
First sip reaction. Wow, surprisingly good. Sweet. Heat. Salty rim. Jalapeño & Watermelon Margaritas I like you.
Shout out to Robin for the inspiration, on this day and each day. I think this cocktail is a lot like her. She’s definitely a sweetheart, with great positive energy. Yet she also has an addicting ‘weird’ sense of humor that I totally get (and look forward to daily). And lastly, she knows how to make you feel special, in a kind of warm & fuzzy way…much like a well crafted cocktail. xo Robin. Keep the inspiration alive.
Recipe Note: you can make a ‘simple’ simple syrup in the microwave. Combine 1/2 cup sugar and 1/2 cup water. Microwave for 2 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Chill.
- 4 ounces tequila
- 1 jalapeno, thinly sliced
- 5 cups watermelon chunks
- 2 limes
- 2-3 Tbl. simple syrup, to taste
- 2 ounces Grand Marnier
- watermelon wedges, lime slices, jalapeno slices for garnish
- coarse kosher salt for rim, optional
- Combine tequila with sliced jalapeno in a jar. Refrigerate for an hour or so.
- In a blender combine watermelon chunks, lime juice and simple syrup. Blend until liquefied.
- In a shaker of ice, add 2 ounces jalapeno infused tequila, 1 ounce Grand Marnier, 1 cup watermelon juice. Shake until well chilled.
- Spread 2-3 Tablespoons salt on plate. Rub lime wedge on rim of glass, then dip into salt. Pour chilled margarita into ice filled glass. Garnish with watermelon wedge, lime & jalapeno slice. Enjoy!
2,602 total views, 3 views today