Isle of Palms Burger inspired by Pawley’s Front Porch, Columbia, SC
As we turned on the TV to watch Saturday afternoon college football, the analyst came on with his pregame show. Every week he visits a local restaurant in the town of the home team and shares his dining experiences. What an awesome job he has.
Oh, by the way…he is Todd Blackledge former college and pro player who is more than qualified to talk football. As it turns out, he’s also more than qualified to talk food as well. His new book Taste of the Town: A Guided Tour of College Football’s Best Places to Eat offers descriptions of restaurants and dishes he visits/enjoys on his weekly roundups. On this week he was visiting one of the local burger joints in Columbia, SC.
As he raised this mouthwatering burger to his mouth…I had a moment. I couldn’t grab a pen fast enough to write down these layers of goodness. They called it the Isle of Palms Burger.
It was off to the grocery store for me. “Make today a great day” ~ Todd Blackledge
- 1 cup pimento cheese dip (recipe link in post)
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cooked until crispy
- 1 onion, caramelized (recipe link in post)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 3-4 hamburger buns
- Prepare pimento cheese dip according to recipe link; reserve. Cook bacon until crispy; drain on paper towels and reserve. Cook caramelized onions according to recipe link; reserve.
- Make ground beef patties (3-4). Sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce, salt & pepper. Grill or pan sear until cooked until just shy of desired doneness. Top each burger with ¼ cup of pimento cheese dip. Remove from heat; cover and allow to rest for 4-5 minutes.
- Plate burgers on favorite hamburger buns, top with crispy bacon and caramelized onions.
6,712 total views, 1 views today