Chocolate Lovers Pizza.
Round 3 of Adventures in Chocolate. Week by week I’m working my way through my work family selecting someone to choose a chocolate recipe for me to make, picture, post, and deliver to them.
Jeff never passes when there are samples of chocolate being shared through the office so I knew I could count on him to select me a tasty recipe. Not only was this Chocolate Lovers Pizza super easy to make but it was fun. I took some liberties with the recipe and replaced maraschino cherries with Reese’s Pieces. At Christmas, perhaps swap those with red and green M&M’s.
At Christmas Thyme I made a similar Chocolate Lovers Pizza for my nephew and topped half with red & green M&M’s and half with chopped mini-Reese’s cups.
Then I went to my local pizzeria and asked if I could buy an empty pizza box. They got a chuckle and gave me one.
- 1 package (8 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
- 10 squares Baker's Premium White Baking Chocolate, divided
- 2 cups Jet-Puffed Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup cocktail peanuts
- ½ cup Reese's Pieces
- ⅓ cup sweet coconut flakes
- 1 tsp. vegetable oil
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate and 8 squares of the white chocolate in a 2-quart microwavable bowl on HIGH for 2 minutes; stir. Microwave an additional 1 -2 minutes or until chocolates are melted, stirring every 30 seconds. Add marshmallows, cereal and peanuts; mix well.
- Spread evenly on lightly greased 12-inch pizza pan or parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with Reese's Pieces and coconut.
- Microwave remaining 2 squares of white chocolate with oil in 1-cup microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 minute; stir. Microwave an additional 30 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds. Drizzle over pizza. Cool completely or refrigerate until firm. Store covered at room temperature.
18,545 total views, 3 views today