We dug out an old favorite recipe for Cheeseburger Soup and gave it a little sprucing up. Our NEW & Improved Bacon Jalapeño Cheeseburger Soup is the bombdiggity.
Those of us longing for spring and backyard BBQs, while Winter weather is still lingering, can get that fresh off the grill cheeseburger taste (and satisfaction) with this soup. You just build it like you build your favorite cheeseburger and don’t skimp on the toppings.
Recipe tip: If you want a nice charbroiled flavor brown your ground beef in a hot pan. You may want to wipe out any black bits before adding in the bacon.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and fine diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium baking potato, peeled and cubed
- 2 Tbl. flour
- 2 cups beef broth
- ⅛ cup ketchup
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbl. yellow mustard
- 2 cups milk or cream
- 6 ounces Cheddar or American cheese, shredded
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toppings: crispy bacon, diced tomato, shredded cheese and fine diced jalapeno. Serve with mini dill pickles.
- In a Dutch oven, brown ground beef; drain and reserve. Add bacon and cook until crispy; remove to drain reserving 1 Tbl. bacon drippings.
- Add onion and jalapeno to pan and sauté until just tender. Add garlic and saute an additional minute. Return browned ground beef and potato: dust mixture with flour and stir until bubbly. Whisk in broth, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, and mustard; bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes until potato is tender.
- Stir in milk and shredded cheese; stirring until soup is hot and cheese has melted. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with crumbled crispy bacon, diced tomato, shredded cheese, and fine diced jalapeno.
4,802 total views, 1 views today