You’re just four ingredients and 30 minutes away from Homemade Flour Tortillas.
What? You ask why? Why would we bother making homemade tortillas? Well, perhaps…
- We’re out of store bought flour tortillas.
- I’ve been banned from a grocery store for 72 hours.
- I didn’t want to take a shower.
- My car tag is expired.
- They’re really good. And all of the above apply.
All kidding aside, we made this kick butt Fire Roasted Tomatillo Guacamole and didn’t have any tortilla chips to eat it with. And all of the above apply.
- ◾2 cups all-purpose flour
- ◾1/2 teaspoon salt
- ◾3/4 cup water
- ◾3 tablespoons olive oil
- In a large bowl, combine flour and salt. Stir in water and oil. Knead 10-12 times, adding a little flour or water if needed to achieve a smooth dough. Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Divide dough into eight portions. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a 7-in. circle.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook tortillas over medium heat for 1 minute on each side or until lightly browned. Keep warm. Yield: 8 tortillas.
6,374 total views, 1 views today