It’s nice to have a knock your socks off tartar sauce recipe up your sleeve. This Crispy Caper Tartar Sauce is sure to impress with the addition of anchovies, hard-boiled eggs and crispy fried capers. Flavor wow!!
Crispy Caper Tartar Sauce
- 2 hard boiled egg peeled & finely chopped
- 1/4 cup capers
- 2 Tbl. olive oil for frying
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tbl. minced shallot
- 2 Tbl. minced parsley
- 1 tsp. anchovy paste
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Place eggs in small saucepan covered with water; cover with lid. Bring to a boil, then remove from the heat and let rest for 15 minutes. Drain and run under cold water for 2-3 minutes. Peel & finely chop.
- Heat olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add capers and fry until crispy, 1-2 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
- Combine chopped eggs, crispy capers and remaining ingredients; refrigerate.