Fresh local grown tomatoes inspire me. And they are so flavorful and delicious right now. The farmers’ market is bursting with gorgeous varieties and the growers are quick to share what makes theirs uniquely different. Alas, I must try them all. Parmesan Crisps with Summer Tomatoes make a wonderful appetizer or serve them in place of a salad.
Follow the link for a post on how to make Parmesan Crisps…
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup diced assorted tomatoes
- 1 Tbl. fresh herbs (lemony thyme, tarragon, chives, your favorite)
- 1 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Grate ½ cup Parmesan cheese, then spoon heaping tablespoons onto lined baking sheet. Press down centers.
- Makes 8-10 crisps about ½" apart. Bake for 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Gently toss all ingredients to combine.
6,568 total views, 1 views today