It’s well noted on the pages of Lemony Thyme that Sage Brown Butter is something I’m passionate about. The best way to describe it…’sensual.’ Definition ‘sen-su-al’ adjective: “relating to or consisting in the gratification of the senses or the indulgence of appetite.” It seemed like a natural way to build this Shrimp Scampi dish.
- 4 Tbl. butter
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 handful fresh parsley, chopped
- 4 oz. cooked fettuccine or linguini
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add sage leaves and sauté on medium-low until leaves are crispy and butter is just beginning to brown. Remove sage leaves and reserve.
- Add in garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes. Saute for 2-3 minutes until shallot is tender and fragrant. Add in shrimp and toss until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in chopped parsley and crispy sage leaves.
- Serve with forks or over cooked pasta.
17,549 total views, 8 views today