Sage Brown Butter seemed like a natural way to build this Shrimp Scampi dish.
It’s well noted on the pages of Lemony Thyme that Sage Brown Butter is something I’m passionate about. The best way to describe it…’sensual.’ Definition ‘sen-su-al’ adjective: “relating to or consisting in the gratification of the senses or the indulgence of appetite.”
All my best,
Sage Brown Butter Shrimp Scampi
- 4 Tbl. butter
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 lb. fresh shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 handful fresh parsley chopped
- 4 oz. cooked fettuccine or linguini
- Melt butter in a large skillet, add sage leaves and sauté on medium-low until leaves are crispy and butter is just beginning to brown. Remove sage leaves and reserve.
- Add in garlic, shallot, and red pepper flakes. Saute for 2-3 minutes until shallot is tender and fragrant. Add in shrimp and toss until shrimp turn pink, 3-4 minutes.
- Toss in chopped parsley and crispy sage leaves.
- Serve with forks or over cooked pasta.