I scored these gorgeous tomatoes at the market this week, aren’t the colors amazing! Each year when tomato season hits, we run down the list of our favorite tomato recipes. Almost in unison, I heard Caprese Salad and Bread Salad. Just think what gorgeous children those two classics will make. That’s when the Caprese Panzanella love child was born.
Crusty baguette, cubed then toasted, combined with tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, steamed shrimp, olive oil & vinegar, fresh basil, garlic and cracked black pepper.
Our Caprese Panzanella with Shrimp is the perfect Summer Thyme meal. Loads of fresh flavor with a nice kick of protein, yet cool and light for those hot summer nights.
- 3 cups cubed baguette or crusty bread
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- ½ lb. steamed peeled shrimp
- ½ cup fresh mozzarella, torn or cubed
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- ¼ good quality olive oil
- 1 Tbl. balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sea salt & freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread bread cubes onto a baking sheet and toast in oven for 5-7 minutes until crunchy.
- Place bread cubes, diced tomato, cooked shrimp, mozzarella, and basil in a large bowl.
- Whisk olive oil, vinegar and garlic together then drizzle over salad. Only use a couple of tablespoons to begin, then add as needed. Season with salt & pepper.
- Allow salad to sit for 15 minutes so the flavors will blend.
9,166 total views, 3 views today