Sometimes an Easy Cheesy Breakfast Casserole is all you need.
With a cup of coffee.
Recipe courtesy of Betty Crocker. She gets me.
- 1 lb. ground sausage
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can diced mild green chiles or 1 jalapeno, fine diced
- 2 cups shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup Bisquick
- black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9" pie plate or casserole dish. In a medium skillet, sauté onion, chiles, and sausage until sausage is cooked through and no longer pink. Drain. Combine sausage mixture with hash brown potatoes and 1 cup shredded cheese. Pour into casserole dish.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, Bisquick, and pepper. Pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake uncovered for 30 - 35 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Sprinkle ½ cup shredded cheese on top and bake an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese has melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
44,692 total views, 2 views today