Is it just me or do you agree that Meatballs are a Fabulously FUN Food? I think if I were going to have a Food Truck (and you know we’ve all secretly wanted to own a food truck), I’d make it all about the meatballs ~ Mobile Meatballs. The possibilities are endless. This simple dinner of Asian Salmon Meatballs over Cauliflower Fried Rice has got my wheels spinning.Of course we’d have traditional Italian Meatballs…the kind I dream of…soft and bursting with garlic and herb flavors…bathed in a tomato sauce.
We would certainly offer Swedish Meatballs in a warm gravy with a hint of nutmeg smiling through.
Let’s not forget Buffalo Chicken Meatballs with hot wing sauce, North African Lamb Meatballs with a cilantro mint sauce, and Maryland Crab Cake Balls with remoulade.
And rounding out our offerings would be these amazing Asian Salmon Meatballs with just the right balance of fresh cilantro and ginger served with a sesame soy honey ginger dipping sauce. Now who’s with me on this one?!!
- ⅔ lb. Salmon filet skin removed
- 3 scallions thin sliced
- ½ cup cilantro leaves rough chopped
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. sriracha
- 1 tsp. red curry paste
- 3 Tbl. panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tbl. sesame oil
- 2 Tbl. honey
- 1 Tbl. sriracha hot sauce
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, grated
- ½ tsp. sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rough chop salmon in food processor.
- Combine all remaining ingredients, then add salmon and mix until just combined.
- Make into 12 – 15 meatballs and arrange on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine all ingredients and bring to a gentle boil.
- Spoon sauce over meatballs to serve.