In honor of National Watermelon Day, my work family and I threw a little party. I brought along my Watermelon Gazpacho to Share the Love. Cool, refreshing flavors, just perfect for a hot summer day. Click here to enjoy some of our other fabulous Watermelon creations.
- One small-medium seedless watermelon
- 2 cups tomato juice
- ½ peeled cucumber
- ½ zucchini
- ¼ red onion
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- ½ medium jalapeño seeded
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 Tbl. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- fine diced fresh veggies like zucchini, red onion, red & yellow tomatoes, jalapeño, and avocado.
- fresh cilantro leaves.
- To begin, scoop out all the watermelon and purée it in batches in a blender, reserve.
- Purée the following ingredients in a blender until smooth: 2 cups tomato juice, ½ peeled cucumber, ½ zucchini, ¼ red onion, ½ cup cherry tomatoes, 1 garlic clove, ½ medium jalapeño seeded, 2 Tbl. olive oil, 1 Tbl. lemon juice, ½ tsp. ground cumin, ½ tsp. sea salt & ½ tsp. fresh cracked pepper. Combine the vegetable mixture with about 6 cups watermelon purée and chill completely.
- Top chilled soup with fine diced fresh veggies like zucchini, red onion, red & yellow tomatoes, jalapeño, and avocado. Sprinkle with fresh cilantro leaves.
2,779 total views, 1 views today