Vanilla, Almond & Cranberry Quinoa Granola.
What a wonderful protein packed, gluten free, all-natural ingredient snack!!
Step #1 ~ Toast Base Ingredients
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal, 1 cup quinoa flakes, 1 cup almonds and 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut spread onto a shallow baking sheet toasted at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes until just barely beginning to brown.
Step #2 ~ Add in Dried Cranberries and Nuts
Put the toasted base ingredients in a large bowl and add 1 cup mixed nuts (I used pecan halves) and 1 cup dried cranberries. Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
Step #3 ~ Make Syrup
In a small saucepan, melt 4 Tbl. butter, 1/4 cup honey, 1/4 cup pure maple syrup, 2 Tbl. vanilla, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1/4 tsp. salt. Bring to a boil and whisk for one minute. Pour syrup over dry ingredients. Stir until well coated.
Step #4 ~ Bake Granola
Pour onto a parchment lined shallow baking sheet. Bake granola at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring midway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. The mixture will seem chewy until fully cooled.
Step #5 ~ Break into Pieces and Enjoy.
This Vanilla, Almond & Cranberry Quinoa Granola has just the perfect amount of sweetness from the cranberries, honey and maple syrup. I really enjoyed the whole almonds versus sliced that I typically use when making Granola Bars, they add a nice crunch. If you’re not familiar with Quinoa flakes, I was able to find them in my supermarket in the same isle where you find quinoa, rice, couscous, etc.
Don’t forget to Share the Love. Homemade Granola makes a wonderful gift. Enjoy!
Vanilla, Almond & Cranberry Quinoa Granola
- 1 cup old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- 1 cup almonds
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 cup mixed nuts
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 Tbl. butter
- 1/4 cup honey or agave nectar
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 Tbl. vanilla
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Toast oats, quinoa, coconut and almonds on a shallow baking sheet for 8-10 minutes until just barely beginning to lightly brown. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add dried cranberries and mixed nuts; toss to combine.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300 degrees.
- In a small saucepan melt butter over medium-low heat, add in honey, maple syrup, vanilla, brown sugar and salt. Stirring constantly bring to a boil and whisk for one minute, then remove from heat. Carefully pour hot syrup over dry ingredients and stir until well coated.
- Spread onto a parchment lined shallow baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring midway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Break into pieces and store in an air-tight container.