Chocolate Tea Bark. I fell in love with it’s beauty. Floral and herb tones cast upon a canvas of chocolate. Those who sip tea slowly would enjoy it’s romantic simplicity.
I chose two teas for their beautiful flavor and color blends. Rosemary Tangerine with zest of citrus, woody rosemary thistle and a hint of nutmeg and cinnamon. Peach Rhubarb Preserve with fleck of dried fruit, white tea leaves, and fragrant floral hibiscus.
The process is simple. Melt your chocolate of choice, I chose a bittersweet chocolate, then last minute decided to also melt white chocolate bits for a nice contrast.
Spread melted chocolate onto parchment lined baking sheets in thin layers, using an offset spatula. Immediately sprinkle with tea and sea salt. Allow to set at room temperature until firm. Once set break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
Serving Chocolate Tea Bark at a tea party is a must. Giving chocolate tea bark as a hostess gift is a lovely and sweet gesture.
Chocolate Tea Bark
- 8 ounces chocolate bittersweet, semi-sweet, or white
- 1/4 cup floral tea leaves
- 1/2 tsp. coarse sea salt optional
- Melt chocolate and spread in a thin layer on parchment paper lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with tea and salt. Set aside until firm.
- Break into pieces and store in an air tight container.
5,389 total views, 4 views today