We took our Basic Risotto Recipe, added seafood, roasted corn and jalapeno, herbs and aromatics and transformed it into a Seafood Risotto meal to remember.
I’ve become a big fan of fire roasted corn. Whether it’s on the grill or over my gas stove burner, I love the sizzling popping sounds and fresh aromas. What began as fire roasted corn, turned to fire roasted jalapenos, and eventually fire roasted lobster tail. Reserve these ingredients while preparing a Basic Risotto Recipe.
Once the risotto is nice and creamy, sauté shrimp, sliced leek, roasted corn, jalapeno and lobster tail in butter until the shrimp are pink and the lobster is cooked through, 3-4 minutes.
To serve, fold the cooked risotto into the seafood mixture. Season with snipped chives, salt, pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper. Seafood Risotto is such a treat. It can be served as a main dish or as a side with a nice piece of grilled fish.
- 1 lobster tail
- ½ lb. small shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 ear corn on the cob
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 2 Tbl. snipped chives
- 1 basic risotto recipe
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 Tbl. butter
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup Arborio rice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- salt & pepper
- Fire roast lobster tail, corn on the cob and jalapeno until lightly charred. Cut lobster into small chunks, finely dice jalapeno discarding seeds, cut corn off the cob. Reserve. Prepare basic risotto recipe.
- Warm broth in small saucepan; cover and set aside.
- In a 2-quart saucepan, melt 4 tablespoons of butter over medium-high heat. Add the diced onion and sauté until translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice and cook 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly, until rice is opaque. Add the garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the white wine and cook, stirring, until absorbed.
- Add ½ cup of broth to rice and stir continuously until absorbed. Continue adding ½ cup broth at a time, stirring continuously until absorbed after each addition. Continue until all broth has been added, about 20 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese, heavy cream, salt and pepper and stir to combine well.
- Add reserved roasted lobster, corn and jalapeno to skillet with 2 Tbl. butter, sliced leek, and shrimp. Sauté for 3-4 minutes until shrimp are pink.
- Fold in creamy risotto and season with snipped chives, salt, pepper and pinch of cayenne pepper.
4,611 total views, 3 views today