Exhale. Not sure how to spell that sound so do it with me…in through the nose out through the mouth. We’ve made it half way through April aka National Grilled Cheese Month and have proudly shared a unique grilled cheese sandwich each day on our Facebook page.
The feedback has ranged from “Speechless” to “Girl. Giiiiiiirl. Yowza!!” to “I’m dreaming of Lobster Corn Chowder reconstructed into a grilled cheese.” That was too good to ignore. Thank you for the inspiration Sarah Mitchell. Here is my version of your request. Roasted Lobster & Corn Cake Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
I took my favorite ingredients from Lobster Corn Chowder and flame roasted them before combining with fresh bread crumbs, seasonings and an egg white to bind it all together.
As it turns out, my ‘cakes’ didn’t want to stay together all that well. So I sandwiched them between some crusty bread and covered them in a blanket of shredded pepper jack cheese. I think that did the trick.
As I was picturing this beauty the sun came out for the first time all day. I love the warmth it gives this picture. Roasted Lobster & Corn Cake Grilled Cheese Sandwich has just inched it’s way onto my favorites list. Hope you enjoy it too.
- 1 ear of corn
- 1 lobster tail
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 slice bread, crust removed & finely chopped
- ¼ tsp. dry mustard
- salt & pepper
- egg white binder
- 2 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 4 slices crusty bread
- butter for grilling
- Place corn and lobster tail in a steamer basket over simmering water; cover and steam for 10 minutes. Remove lobster meat from tail.
- Flame roast lobster tail, corn, and jalapeno to lightly char the outside (can use a broiler as well).
- Cut corn off cob, chop lobster tail, fine dice jalapeno and combine with bread crumbs, seasoning and egg white. Form into two patties.
- Heat 1 Tbl. of butter in a skillet. Pan fry patties on both sides until golden brown, about 3 minutes per side. Place patties on bread slice topped with shredded cheese and second slice of bread. Add additional butter and pan grill sandwiches until golden brown on both sides.
5,829 total views, 1 views today