I’m so excited to be participating in my first virtual Wedding Shower. That’s right Foodie Friends, one of our own is about to tie the knot. Many of you may already know the fabulous Beccalicious from her blog It’s Yummi or by following her facebook page Cooking with Chef Bec. Becca and Mr. Wonderful (aka Brian) will be married on October 31st and we’re throwing them a party!!
One thing I know about sweet Becca is that she loooves her coffee. So when I was trying to decide what delicacy I would make in her honor Biscotti came to mind. And since her wedding will be held on Halloween, Pumpkin Biscotti was the perfect choice.
I tweaked my tried and true biscotti recipe and added pumpkin puree, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to give them a classic pumpkin spice flavor. Then I bulked them up with chopped pecans and white chocolate chunks. Oh my my!!
To finish off these heavenly dunking sticks, I dipped them in white chocolate then sprinkled some with chopped pecans and others with chopped Hershey’s Pumpkin Kisses. Becca’s going to love these Pumpkin Pecan Biscotti, I just know it!!
Becca and Brian, keep the love and laughter flowing my friends. I have a special feeling that when you two are joined in marriage your positive spirits will be multiplied many times over. I wish you a lifetime of joy and happiness. xo Libby
- 4 Tbl. butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree
- 2 cups flour
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. ginger
- 4 squares white chocolate baking squares (4-ounces)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 squares white chocolate baking squares (8-ounces)
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg, vanilla and pumpkin. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger. Add in batches to pumpkin mixture until well combined. Stir in white chocolate and pecans. Shape dough into 2 (14-inch x 1½-inch) slightly flattened logs. Place 2 inches apart on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Place on a cutting board: cool 5 minutes. Using serrated knife, cut each log into diagonal slices about ¾-inch thick. Place slices upright on baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes or until slightly dry. Cool on wire racks.
- Melt 8 squares of white chocolate. Dip ½ of each biscotti into melted chocolate and transfer to parchment lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
Just click on the links below to see all the other great ideas being shared in Becca’s honor.
18,692 total views, 2 views today