If you’re like me a Stress Free 5 Minute Blender Hollandaise Sauce recipe grabs your attention.
I’m here to tell you it’s 100% true.
Start to finish you’ll be pouring Hollandaise over poached eggs or steamed asparagus or baked salmon in mere minutes.
And there are only 3 main ingredients! Life is good!Jump to Recipe
Hollandaise Sauce is one of the classic 5 mother sauces and definitely one you should master. So come along with me as we make this heavenly sauce.
Hollandaise Sauce Step 1 – Clarified Butter
Clarified butter is achieved by melting butter over medium low heat until hot and foamy but not boiling.
You see the white foam on top of the melted butter? Those are the milk solids which you’ll discard. You can either skim them off the top or strain them out as you pour your butter into the sauce.
Hollandaise Sauce Step 2 – Whip Egg Yolks With Lemon Juice
In the bowl of a food processor or blender add your egg yolks along with the lemon juice, salt and pinch of cayenne pepper.
You’ll want to whip this on high speed for 2 minutes.
Hollandaise Sauce Step 3 – Drizzle in the Clarified Butter
With the blender still running, slowly drizzle in the hot clarified butter. Discard the milk solids.
Beat the mixture on high until all the clarified butter has been added.
Hollandaise Sauce Step 4 – Adjust Seasoning to Taste
It’s as simple as that! Look at that creamy luscious goodness.
5 Minute Blender Hollandaise Sauce is rich and creamy with a nice lemony finish. It compliments eggs, steamed veggies and seafood so well.
Check out our newest recipe for Sweet Potato Eggs Benedict with Blender Hollandaise. Or perhaps you’d prefer Classic Eggs Florentine.
I don’t know about you but I’d love to find more time-saving stress-free tips. Drop me a comment below and share your favorites.
All my best,
5 Minute Blender Hollandaise Sauce
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter cubed
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 lemon juiced about 2 Tablespoons
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- Make the clarified butter by melting butter over medium low heat until hot and foamy but not boiling. Skim and discard the white milk solids that form off the top.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender add your egg yolks along with the lemon juice, salt and pinch of cayenne pepper. Blend at high speed for two minutes.
- With the blender still running, slowly drizzle in the hot clarified butter. Discard any remaining milk solids.
- Taste sauce and adjust seasoning to taste.
Recipe adapted from Julia Child