Million Dollar Bacon is worth the drive to the nearest First Watch restaurant.
But if you don’t have one near by or prefer to make this copycat recipe at home, that works for me.
It’s not that it’s the only thing I crave on their menu however, they have so many great breakfast & brunch options. My kids even got me a First Watch cookbook for Christmas last year because they know I’m a breakfast lover!Jump to Recipe
If you’ve been following along with us for some time, you’re probably well aware that I love bacon. And this sweet and spicy million dollar version is down right addicting!
What I love about this recipe is it’s so easy to make and the bacon cooks in the oven. Easy clean up too!
The strips of bacon are raked through a simple glaze of brown sugar, maple syrup, cayenne and black pepper thinned with a touch of water. You then lay the strips on a rack over a parchment line baking sheet. Into a 325 degree oven for about 25 minutes.
What you end up with are mildly spicy lightly caramelized strips of perfectly cooked bacon. Completely acceptable to enjoy as a snack. Million Dollar Bacon will elevate your brunch game and your burger bar too!
You’re going to love our Ultimate Jack & Coke Bacon Cheeseburger! It’s got the million dollar magic!
All my best,
Million Dollar Bacon (First Watch Copycat)
- 1 pound bacon regular thickness
For the Glaze
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Place a rack onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Combine the glaze ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Drag strips of bacon through glaze and place on rack. Bake for 15 minutes. Rotate pan and bake another 10 minutes or until your desired doneness. Allow to cool slightly before serving.