We’ve got a nice bunch of basil that I’m determined will not go to waste. Pulling out all my favorite recipes that use fresh basil before I turn what’s left into pesto. Slice the tomatoes in half and scoop out the insides with a melon baller. Roast the scooped tomato with zucchini and garlic tossed in olive oil. Combine the roasted mixture with soft bread crumbs, fresh herbs, and Parmesan cheese.
Fill tomato halves with stuffing, sprinkle with grated Parmesan and drizzle with olive oil. Bake about 20 minutes until cheese has melted and stuffing is heated through. The roasted zucchini and garlic are front and center, but the herbs are definitely dancing for your attention. This was a wonderful side for our Fresh Herb Grilled Chicken Breasts with Basil Herb Butter.
- 2 ripe tomatoes, about 3" in diameter
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 garlic clove, thin sliced
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 2 cups fresh soft bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, chopped (basil, oregano, thyme, parsley)
- 1-2 Tbl. olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut tomatoes in half, scoop out insides with melon baller and reserve.
- Cut zucchini into small cubes, toss with garlic slices, reserved tomato and a little olive oil and roast for 20 minutes on shallow baking sheet, until zucchini is tender.
- Combine soft bread crumbs with cheese, fresh herbs, roasted zucchini mixture, and olive oil.
- Season with salt & pepper
- Fill tomato halves with stuffing, top with grated Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil
- Bake in shallow baking pan for 15-20 minutes until tops start to brown.
2,760 total views, 2 views today