One of my favorite soups is Roasted Garlic & Butternut Squash Soup. Just the sound of it warms me and on a blustery day like today a nice big bowl full is in order. This lightened up version is naturally very low in fat and high in fiber, making it a perfect go-to Weight Watcher recipe.
Roasted Garlic & Butternut Squash Soup
- 6 Garlic cloves
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1 med. Butternut Squash diced
- 1 med. Sweet Potato diced
- 1 med. Onion diced
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 4 Cups Fat Free Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 tsp. Paprika
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- Pinch of nutmeg & cayenne pepper
- dollop of Fat Free Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap garlic drizzled with 1 tsp. olive oil in foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, peel and dice butternut squash, sweet potato, and onion. Saute in 2 Tbl. butter until fork tender, 10 – 15 minutes. Add chicken broth, paprika, pepper, salt, pinch of nutmeg & cayenne pepper. Add roasted garlic.
- Bring to boil then reduce & simmer for 15 minutes. Then puree in batches in blender until smooth.
- Top with sour cream (we used FF Greek Yogurt) & cracked pepper.