Healthy Living is something we should all aspire to. I’m not crazy about the word diet, unless a doctor puts you on one. For me, and many I talk with daily, we just need to bite the bullet and eat right and exercise…aka a little Healthy Living. I’m about to enter airport world, lethal for Healthy Living (just behind Amusement Parks and County Fairs). Seriously, someone please start an airport restaurant franchise featuring healthy living options, that are quick and portable. I’m taking these Garlic Parmesan Roasted Chickpeas with me…baby steps.
- 2 - 15 oz. cans Chickpeas (aka Garbanzo Beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- Fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Spread chickpeas on several layers of paper towels and let dry for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, garlic, salt, and pepper and cheese and stir until crumbly and oil is absorbed. Add chickpeas and toss to coat.
- Spread on a baking sheet and bake for 45 - 50 minutes until golden and crispy.
21,540 total views, 13 views today