There was no way on earth I intended to make a Fritos Casserole, never mind admit that I did and share it.
It just happened.
And it was good and tasty and our Facebook friends asked for the recipe. Which I made up as we went along.
But here it is.
All my best,
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 can Ro*tel canned tomatoes with chiles
- 1 can Ranch beans we used Bush’s Texas Rancheros Grillin’ Beans
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese Mexican blend, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups Fritos corn chips
- top with shredded cheese diced red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Season with cumin, chili powder and salt. Remove from skillet.
- Add diced onion and jalapeno to skillet and sauté until tender. Remove from heat. Return browned meat to skillet. Add Ro*tel, beans, 1 cup of cheese, cilantro, and corn chips. Gently fold all ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Serve with shredded cheese, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream.
Thank you for partying with us Libby at Simple Supper Tuesday Linky Party! Your Fritos Casserole is featured at Moore or Less Cooking! Nettie XXOO
Jennifer @ Crockpot Gourmet
Yum! My husband and kids would gobble this all up! Fritos = yum! :)
Tampa Cake Girl
I love this recipe and I was one of people that asked for it! Pinned and sharing! <3 <3 <3
I’m so loving this recipe. I just wish I had enough days in the week to make all your recipes xoxo.