There was no way on earth I intended to make a Fritos Casserole, never mind admit that I did and share it. It just happened. And it was good and tasty and our Facebook friends asked for the recipe. Which I made up as we went along. But here it is.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. chili powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 can Ro*tel canned tomatoes with chiles
- 1 can Ranch beans (we used Bush's Texas Rancheros Grillin' Beans)
- 1½ cup shredded cheese, Mexican blend, divided
- ½ cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups Fritos corn chips
- top with shredded cheese, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Season with cumin, chili powder and salt. Remove from skillet.
- Add diced onion and jalapeno to skillet and sauté until tender. Remove from heat. Return browned meat to skillet. Add Ro*tel, beans, 1 cup of cheese, cilantro, and corn chips. Gently fold all ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with about ¼ cup of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Serve with shredded cheese, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream.
11,153 total views, 1 views today