There was no way on earth I intended to make a Fritos Casserole, never mind admit that I did and share it. It just happened. And it was good and tasty and our Facebook friends asked for the recipe. Which I made up as we went along. But here it is.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 jalapeno diced
- 1 can Ro*tel canned tomatoes with chiles
- 1 can Ranch beans we used Bush’s Texas Rancheros Grillin’ Beans
- 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese Mexican blend, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 3 cups Fritos corn chips
- top with shredded cheese diced red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet, brown ground beef. Drain off fat. Season with cumin, chili powder and salt. Remove from skillet.
- Add diced onion and jalapeno to skillet and sauté until tender. Remove from heat. Return browned meat to skillet. Add Ro*tel, beans, 1 cup of cheese, cilantro, and corn chips. Gently fold all ingredients until well combined. Pour into prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle with about 1/4 cup of cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot throughout.
- Serve with shredded cheese, diced red onion, fresh cilantro, sour cream.