Friday Night Sliders. Because sometimes you just deserve a good burger!!
When it comes to food I’m all about the package, the delivery if you will. So if there is a way to make a burger cute I’m all in. We have White Castle to thank for the slider revolution. And while their thin griddle-cooked patties have their place in history, they’re not my favorite. Don’t hate me.
Instead I really love a plump juicy mini-cheeseburger with lettuce, tomato, red onion, ketchup, mayo….and why not add some crispy bacon.
Side Note: the best sliders I’ve ever experienced were served Tapas style, making them only slightly more affordable ($23 for two if I recall). They were made from THE Japanese Wagyu Kobe Beef. They were worth every penny. Here’s a fun article on what makes Kobe beef so special.
- 4 bakery dinner rolls
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 Tbl. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked pepper
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ½ tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 slices Colby Jack or Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 1 small tomato
- 1 slice red onion
- leafy green lettuce
- Combine ground beef with Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Divide into four burgers. Pan fry in olive oil over medium heat until browned, flip and brown the other side. Turn off heat, place a half slice of cheese (folded in half) on each burger; cover pan. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes until desired internal temp. is reached.
- Top each roll with ketchup, lettuce, cheeseburger, red onion, tomato, ½ slice crispy bacon, mayonnaise.
6,614 total views, 1 views today