Curried Corn Pudding. Sharing a fabulous side dish worthy of any festive meal. Or your lunch on Tuesday. Recipe inspiration: I found this beautiful recipe on the pages of 101 Cookbooks that became my springboard.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg plus 2 egg whites
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions
- ½ tsp. curry powder
- a pinch of fresh grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated gruyere, cheddar, or parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl combine milk, eggs, corn, half of the scallions, curry powder, nutmeg, salt & pepper. Fill six buttered ramekins. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes until the pudding has set.
- To finish sprinkle with cheese and place under broiler for a couple minutes to lightly brown the cheese. Serve hot sprinkled with remaining scallions.
14,155 total views, 2 views today