Cheez-It Crusted Buffalo Chicken Fingers
The allure of Chicken Fingers….what a powerful thing.
I can spend hours creating a dish to share at a family gathering, knowing full well it will never compete with the platter of chicken fingers. I’ve come to accept that.
I have seen grown men nearly knock one another down trying to get to the last nugget. I will not judge.
So while I like to share recipes that incorporate fresh herbs, layers of flavor, sometimes exotic ingredients….I recognize the importance of a good Chicken Finger recipe when you need to pull out the big guns. I think I’ve found it.
My first Cheez-It Crusted Chicken experience was at my sister’s house several years ago. I had arrived in for a week-long visit and she was preparing my welcome dinner. Sarah is quite resourceful. So as we stood in the kitchen talking a mile a minute, she dredging chicken thighs in crushed Cheez-It’s, all I could do was assume she had run out of breadcrumbs. It wasn’t until we sat down to dinner and I put the first bite of Cheez-It Chicken Love in my mouth that I knew this was the plan all along.
Crispy, cheesy, salty goodness. No one is claiming Cheez-It Crusted Buffalo Chicken Fingers belong on the healthy living choices list, but if you’re looking for something men will fight over, here you go.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips or 1 1-lb package of chicken tenders
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- 2 cups Cheez-It Crackers
- Combine chicken strips, buttermilk, and Frank's in a large zipper bag; refrigerate for at least an hour or up to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place crackers in a medium zipper bag and crush to small pieces. Transfer to a shallow dish. Take each chicken strip, shake off excess buttermilk, dredge in crackers, place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, turning once until crispy and internal temp. reaches 165 degrees.
33,221 total views, 2 views today