Sometimes you need a deep dish of comfort. No questions asked. Bring on the comfort food. That’s what our Smoky Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Shells were intended to be. And on that day they delivered.
I’ve come to understand the allure of stuffed shells. They are the perfect delivery vehicle for just the right amount of savory love.
In this recipe…chicken, spinach, aromatics, and cheese all get cozy under a blanket of creamy cheesy mushroom love. Smoky cheesy love.
Smoked Gouda is where it’s at.
Boneless skinless chicken breasts baked in Homemade Cream of Chicken Soup will yield an awe-mazing sauce. Why not cook your chicken into the ‘sauce’ for your dish? Whether it’s your own cream of chicken soup or prepared, both deliver creamy love.
Chicken breasts baked at 350 degrees, covered in soupy love will be done in about 40 minutes. Plenty of time to cook large pasta shells and golden mushrooms. Comfort awaits.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 recipe or can of cream of chicken soup
- ½ tsp. dried thyme
- 6 ounces Large Pasta Shells (about 18), cooked according to package instructions
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 small onion, small diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 10-ounce box of frozen spinach, thawed & drained well
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded smoked gouda
- 4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake chicken breasts covered in cream of chicken soup and dried thyme for about 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion in olive oil until tender and translucent; add in garlic and sauté an additional minute. Reserve. Add sliced mushrooms to pan and brown both sides for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare large shell pasta, according to package instructions. Drain.
- Remove chicken from sauce and cut into cubes. Combine with thawed spinach, sautéed onion and garlic with cream cheese and a handful of shredded cheeses. Season will salt & pepper.
- Fill each shell with chicken mixture. Arrange in baking dish, top with sauce, sautéed mushrooms, and remaining shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
5,360 total views, 3 views today