15 Minute Easy Shrimp & Summer Veggie Pappardelle Pasta needs to be on your dinner rotation this summer.
If you’re like us, you shop the Farmers Markets over the weekend. With good intentions you buy a beautiful assortment of fresh summer veggies. By mid-week you’ve still got a bin full begging for their time to shine.
Enter this 15 minute shrimp & veggie pasta recipe and you’re now well on your way to hero status!
There’s something so sexy and delicious about beautiful Pappardelle pasta. I’m certain simply a little butter and parmesan makes it a worthy meal.
But trust me when I say that adding shrimp and summer vegetables elevates this dish to RQ status.
RQ = Restaurant Quality
Our latest pasta dish is just bursting with fresh bright flavors. Shrimp, summer veggies, fresh herbs, garlic, lemon juice, and parmesan cheese are a wonderful combination. This is the kind of meal that’s quick to get to the table but has you wanting to slowly savor every bite.
- Slice or dice a nice assortment of veggies like asparagus, squash, zucchini, corn, peppers. Choose your favorites. Your veggie bin contents.
- Boil Pappardelle according to directions about 8-10 minutes.
- While pasta is cooking, lightly sauté veggies in olive oil in a large skillet until just tender, about 5 minutes. Add in shrimp, chopped garlic and season with salt & pepper and cook covered an additional 2-3 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
- Squeeze in juice of half a lemon and 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese.
- Transfer al dente pasta to to sautéed shrimp and veggies. Add in 1/2 cup pasta liquid and toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve family-style on a large platter. Sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
Side Note: When searching for Pappardelle recipes, I discovered that the pasta’s name comes from the Italian pappare, a verb which means “to gobble up.” And so we did…
Are there recipes that remind you of a favorite vacation that you’d like to see us recreate? I’d love for you to comment below. Your feedback is so important to me (and keeps the recipe love fresh).
All my best,
Pin It For Later!
15 Minute Easy Shrimp & Summer Veggie Pappardelle Pasta
- 8 ounces dried pappardelle pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups diced or sliced summer veggies such as: corn, zucchini, yellow squash, peppers, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, broccoli
- 1 pound medium or large peeled & deveined raw shrimp
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup parmesan cheese finely grated
- fresh parsley chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Boil Pappardelle Pasta al dente, according to package instructions.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Add in sliced and diced veggies and saute 3-4 minutes over medium high. Add in peeled and deveined shrimp and stir to combine. Cover and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until shrimp are opaque and cooked through. Add in butter and garlic, stir to combine.
- Add drained pasta to shrimp and veggie pan, reserving 1/2 cup of cooking liquid. Add cooking liquid, juice of a 1/2 lemon, and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese to pan. Stir until pasta is well coated. Season with salt & pepper and additional lemon juice to taste.
- Serve shrimp & veggie pasta family style on a platter. Sprinkle top with remaining parmesan cheese and fresh chopped parsley.