When I first made Sage-Pecan Pesto Encrusted Turkey Tenderloin and posted a picture in my What’s for Dinner album, I got immediate requests for the recipe. I love pesto. It’s so versatile and easy going. Never complains when you substitute sage for basil, pecans for pine nuts, aged cheddar for Parmesan. And turkey tenderloin is the perfect delivery vehicle (pork tenderloin would be delish too). So good and so moist!
- 2 cups loosely packed fresh sage leaves
- ½ cup pecans
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ⅓ cup olive oil, plus extra if needed
- 1 1½ lb. Jennie-O All Natural Turkey Breast Tenderloin
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil in a food processor or blender, rough chop.
- Then with processor running slowly drizzle in the olive oil until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season turkey tenderloin with salt & pepper.
- Coat the top of the tenderloin with pesto.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until instant read meat thermometer indicates appropriate doneness.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
6,728 total views, 3 views today