Kate’s Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Grilled Cheese.
Day #27 of National Grilled Cheese Month. We’re building quite a collection of delectable and occasionally over the top sandwiches. I enlisted the help of four of my favorite ladies (my nieces Maya, Kate & Jen and my kid Shelby). Their mission was to come up with their own signature Grilled Cheese. Here’s how Kate’s came to be.
Note to self: make monkey bread.
Once we narrowed Kate’s Grilled Cheese down to a version of ‘Buffalo’ I began my recipe research. I typed “buffalo grilled cheese sandwich” in my Google browser and it delivered 2,570,000 results (in .44 seconds). You know what? We’re better than that!
So then I Googled “buffalo cauliflower.” Results 2,810,000 results (in .19 seconds). Good to know how much we LOVE our buffalo cauliflower.
Guess what I did next? I had to know. Could this possibly be the first recipe I’ve ever made that someone else didn’t think of first??
Me: “OMG! the internet has never seen a Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower Grilled Cheese. Do you know what this means?”
Inner Voice: “There might be a reason for it!”
Me: “Wait until you taste it. I may have just made the internet.”
Inner Voice: “It’s a damn good way to sell cauliflower. Maybe I should serve it with a side of wing sauce for dipping.”
Here’s how we put it together.
I think Kate will love the finished product. Kate, my 1/2 marathon runner, about to move to London for 2 years, who is wondering how she’s going to tote her Dutch oven oversees. I absolutely adore these ladies on every level. I started this blog as a way to share family recipes. I love sharing recipes with family just as much. xoxo
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 Tbl. olive oil
- ½ cup Frank's Hot Sauce
- ¼ cup melted butter (4 Tbl.)
- Blue cheese crumbles
- 8-ounces Havarti cheese, sliced
- 8 slices grainy bread
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Coat shallow baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place cauliflower core side down on a cutting board. Slice into 1-inch thick steaks, the ends will fall apart into florets. You should be able to get 4 1-inch thick steaks.
- Coat baking sheet with olive oil. Place steaks on prepared baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes on one side. Turn over and cook another 10 - 15 minutes until nicely browned.
- Meanwhile, combine melted butter and hot sauce in a saucepan. Brush cauliflower liberally and bake an additional 3 minutes. Turn over cauliflower and baste again with remaining hot sauce; bake 3 minutes.
- Butter bread slices and pan grill, topped with Havarti cheese, roasted buffalo cauliflower steaks, blue cheese crumbles, more Havarti. Turn until golden brown on both sides.
- Serve with a side of buffalo sauce.
5,393 total views, 3 views today