The Monte Cristo Sandwich is a perfect Breakfast for Dinner dish. In fact it could be considered a Dinner for Breakfast meal as well. There’s nothing to it when it comes to making these ‘feel good’ sandwiches. Make yourself a basic deli sliced turkey, ham & cheese sandwich with a little Dijon mustard. Now treat this sandwich like french toast and dip it in an egg/milk mixture. Fry them in a little butter until browned on each side and the cheese has melted. Serve them with a generous sprinkle of powdered sugar and a dollop of jam. They are so good!!
- 4 slices bread
- 2 slices deli ham
- 2 slices deli turkey
- 2 slices cheese
- 1 Tbl. Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbl. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- pinch of cinnamon
- 2 Tbl. butter
- 2 Tbl. powdered sugar
- 2 Tbl. jam
- Prepare sandwiches.
- Combine eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon and beat well.
- Dip each sandwich in egg mixture turning until well coated.
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add sandwiches cooking on each side until nicely browned and cheese has melted.
- Serve sprinkled with powdered sugar and a dollop of jam.
5,952 total views, 1 views today