Our Butternut Squash, Apple & Sage Stuffed Turkey Tenderloin smiles of Autumn Thyme. Fresh ingredients that play so nicely together. I made this dish for the sole purpose of portioning out lunches for the week. However I’m certain it will become another favorite weeknight meal.
I’ve shared several Turkey Tenderloin recipes and each time I’ve used Jennie-O All-Natural Turkey Tenderloins. They are always delicious, juicy, and naturally low in calories and fat.
Butternut Squash, Apple & Sage Stuffed Turkey Tenderloins are the perfect balance of savory and sweet. Mostly savory, with a nice apple sweet tartness. I made this dish on Sunday, shared it with my Healthy Choices buddy on Monday and Wednesday for lunch. It was just as moist and flavorful then as it was straight from the oven.
- 1 24-ounce pkg. Jennie-O All-Natural Turkey Tenderloins
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled & diced
- 1 apple, peeled & diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 8-10 fresh sage leaves
- 2 Tbl. olive oil
- 1 tsp. Mrs. Dash garlic & herb seasoning
- ½ tsp. salt
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss diced butternut squash, apple, onion and fresh sage with seasoning and olive oil. Spread in single layer on a shallow baking sheet. Roast for 20-25 minutes, until squash is tender.
- Meanwhile, butterfly turkey tenderloins and pound to even thickness, about ¾-inch. Reserve.
- Cut 6 pieces of 12-inch butcher's twine for each tenderloin. Lay butterflied tenderloin on top of strings. Portion out 2 cups of veggie filling and split between each tenderloin. Tie snuggly with twine. Add remainder of olive oil to skillet and brown tenderloins on all sides.
- Transfer tenderloins to oven and bake for 30 minutes. 165 degrees is the recommended temperature. Rest 5 - 10 minutes before slicing.
5,699 total views, 2 views today