How have I made it this far in life without knowing about Baked Eggs in Clouds? What a fun and easy recipe. So simple that the following pictures and minimal words will guide you through.
For two people, you’ll need a 1/4 cup of crispy bacon, 1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese, 1/4 cup of snipped chives, 4 eggs, yolks separated from the whites, salt and pepper.
Beat 4 egg whites until stiff peaks are formed. You see that whisk laying there. Don’t use it. Break out the electric mixer, that’s why we have one.
Gently fold in bacon, cheese and chives.
Make four mounds on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make a deep well in center of each mound. Bake at 450 degrees for 3 minutes.
Remove clouds from oven and place one egg yolk in each well. Sprinkle with salt & pepper. Bake an additional 3-4 minutes or until the yolks are set.
These fluffy all-in-one breakfast delights were wonderful. The clouds reminded me a bit of a carb-free bread my mom used to make back in the 70s when the Dr. Atkins Diet Revolution was introduced. Baked Eggs in Clouds are low-carb and gluten free making them a Healthy Choice for breakfast or brunch.
Baked Eggs in Clouds
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup crispy bacon
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/4 cups chives snipped
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Separate egg yolks from white. Place each egg yolk in a separate dish. Place all egg whites in one bowl and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Fold in crispy bacon, parmesan cheese, and chives. Spoon out for mounds of egg white mixture onto baking sheet. Make a large well in the center of each mound. Bake for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place one egg yolk in the well of each egg white cloud. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake an additional 3-4 minutes or until egg yolks are set.
11,667 total views, 1 views today