We recently attended a wedding where we were treated to a most spectacular buffet of Thai food. The appetizer spread alone captivated our attention without end (check out my collage below). And when the dinner dishes were set out we approached them with the same enthusiasm. That’s fancy talk for multiple trips through the buffet line. While I was oh so happy with everything served, the Green Curry was still lingering in my mind three weeks later.
While I attempted to obtain THE Green Curry recipe from our host I’ve yet to be successful. So this is my version adapted from about 20 recipes I’ve read since the wedding. It’s is delicious and very easy to make.
The Green Curry sauce is prepared on the stovetop and then pureed in the blender. I paired it with fresh cod and green beans and finished it in the oven.
The result was tender flaky fish swimming in the heavenly Green Curry sauce. A simple bed of white rice and a sprinkle of fresh cilantro completed this dish. Thai Green Curry Baked Cod was such a delightful change from our typical weeknight dishes. However, a new 30-minute meal may have made it’s way into our regular rotation. That makes me happy.
- 2 (5-ounce) cod portions
- 4 ounces fresh green beans, end trimmed
- 1 Tbl.. sesame oil
- 3 Tbl. peeled, chopped ginger root
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 Tbl. lime juice
- 1 Tbl. green curry paste
- 1 (13.5-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp. fish sauce
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- kosher salt, freshly cracked black pepper
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- white rice, prepared according to package instructions
- Sauté garlic and ginger in sesame oil for 30 seconds in an oven proof skillet. Add white wine and lime juice and reduce until almost dry. Whisk in the curry paste, coconut milk, brown sugar and fish sauce and reduce to 1 cup. Let cool slightly.
- Place cooked mixture in a blender with fresh cilantro leaves. Puree for 30 seconds. Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blanch green beans for 2 minutes in boiling water. Place in oven proof skillet. Top with cod pieces. Pour green curry sauce over top and bake for 18 - 20 minutes or until cod flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with white rice and garnish with fresh cilantro leaves.
4,724 total views, 6 views today