I had a blast playing Secret Santa at the office this year!! I always do. This yearly tradition has become a great way to welcome in the holidays, with a bit of mischief and good fun.
The week of Thanksgiving we fill out our Santa wish list, then blind draw who we will secretly spoil the week of our annual company Christmas Party. Last week, that all happened in epic proportion. I drew Nick. Nick, who’s favorite candy is Junior Mints.
Snap! I can do that. A quick Google search revealed just how easy it is to make Junior Mints from scratch with only four ingredients. They’re that easy.
All my favorite Santas & Elves, gathered for the big revealing. Love my work family.
- 3 ounces cream cheese softened
- ½ tsp. peppermint extract
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and extract until creamy. Add ½ cup of confectioners at a time until fully incorporated. The mixture may be crumbly. It will come together when rolled into balls.
- Scoop 1 tsp. of mixture at a time and roll into balls. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and press slightly into disc shapes. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring in between; until smooth. Dip minty discs in chocolate and return to parchment paper. Once dipped; chill and store in refrigerator.
Nick’s wish list revealed that his favorite food is chicken parmesan and pasta. So on day#3, which is “A Clue About You” aka a hint at who might be their Secret Santa, I made him these Chicken Parmesan Meatballs. Apparently a dead give-away.
I can’t share this post without giving a shout-out to my Secret Santa and his elf. Day #1 received an awesome chalk board, with a hand chalked message, and the most awe-mazing bundle of 48 colored chalks. This girl, who loves to draw, paint, and color was feeling the love. They took it up a notch and added some of my favorite trail pictures.
And Santa knew me so well.
7,073 total views, 12 views today