Now that was a fabulous meal. I sampled Romesco Sauce recently and fell in love with it. I immediately added it to my ‘must make soon’ list and am so glad I did. The best way I can describe this sauce is as roasted red pepper pesto. It’s nutty, with big bold flavors and is so versatile.
The final step in making Romesco Sauce is to oven roast it for 15 minutes. What a perfect chance to nestle a nice piece of halibut in the middle of the sauce and let them roast together. The sauce is thick and will love a ‘grabby’ pasta (one that holds onto the sauce). We served ours over rotini with a little shaved Parmesan and it was perfect. Halibut in Roasted Romesco Sauce…we’ll be seeing you again.
- ¾ - 1 lb. halibut fillet
- 1 cup Romesco Sauce (see recipe link in post)
- 4 oz. rotini pasta
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Prepare the Romesco Sauce as directed. When it's time to finish the sauce in the oven, nestle the fish in the middle of sauce. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile prepare pasta according to package instructions.
- To serve, split pasta between two bowls. Top with a ½ cup of Romesco Sauce and a portion of the halibut. Sprinkle with shaved Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley.
7,247 total views, 1 views today